CORONA, CA– Temperatures are on the rise and excessive heat is expected to continue through the weekend. The City of Corona would like to remind residents to beat the heat by utilizing the community cooling centers: the Circle City Center (365 N Main Street), the Senior Center (921 S Belle Avenue), and the Corona Public Library (650 S Main Street).
Cooling Centers are open to the public during normal facility hours as follows:
- Circle City Center: Mon. – Fri. 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. | Sat. 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Corona Senior Center: Mon. – Thurs. 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. | Fri. 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. | Sat. 9 a.m. – noon
- Corona Public Library: Mon. – Wed. 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. | Thurs. – Fri. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Sat. noon – 5 p.m.
Stay safe in the heat by following these quick tips:
- Stay indoors as much as possible and limit exposure to the sun
- Drink plenty of fluids and replace salts and minerals in your body
- Limit intake of alcoholic beverages
- Closely monitor a local radio station, TV station or NOAA Weather Radio for the latest information
- Dress in loose-fitting, lightweight, and light-colored clothes that cover as much skin as possible. Protect face and head by wearing a wide-brimmed hat
- Spend time in air-conditioned places. If you cannot afford an air conditioner, spend some time each day in an air-conditioned environment such as public libraries, shopping malls or other indoor public spaces
- Check on family, friends, and neighbors who do not have air conditioning and who spend much of their time alone
- Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles
- Avoid strenuous work during the warmest part of the day. Use a buddy system when working in extreme heat, and take frequent breaks
- Eat well-balanced, light, and regular meals. Hot, heavy meals add heat to your body. Avoid using salt tablets unless directed to do so by a physician